Subject: Re: catopen doesn't work on NetBSD/Alpha
To: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@melb.werple.net.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/28/1996 13:48:08
> The latest changes to catopen have broken message catalog support on
> NetBSD/Alpha. The magic number check fails. There are also a number of
> places where the function _catopen (and hence catopen) returns (nl_catd) 0
> instead of (nl_catd) -1 as the man page says it should.

I've had no problems with the new NLS code on NetBSD/Alpha, but it's
not like i'm writing code that exercises it, either.  (Error messages
seem to work fine...)

I've forwarded on your patches to J.T., who wrote the new catalog
support...  do you have any test programs that demonstrate the
problems?

chris