Subject: Re: ppp on NetBSD/Alpha?
To: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@melb.werple.net.au>
From: G. Baldwin <drizzit@eskimo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/24/1996 19:31:16
On Fri, 24 May 1996, John Birrell wrote:

> G'day,
>
> Is pppd known to work on NetBSD/Alpha? I'm not having much luck. Just
> getting timeouts sending config data. I think I've done the setup like
> I did for NetBSD/i386 (which works fine).
>
> Regards,

You did remember to keep the serial port speed constant between
everything, correct?  The most common problem that I have is when I dial
under one OS at say, 57600 baud, and then have my pppd setup for 115200.

> John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
> jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street
> Ph  +61  3 9690 6900                        South Melbourne Vic 3205
> Fax +61  3 9690 6650                        Australia
> Mob +61 18  353  137

                       Greg Baldwin (drizzit@eskimo.com)
     Amiga junkie and user since 1987    Computer Science & DTV Student
     Commodore64 fan since about 1983    http://www.eskimo.com/~drizzit
               Tyranical EFNet #Amiga Channel Operator "Drizzit"