Subject: Re: union file system
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.ping.apana.org.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/1996 15:18:52
> I compiled a new kernel using the 960425 distribution including the
> options LFS, UNION and CCITT,HDLC,LLC.
>
> When trying to mount a UNION filesystem the system returns the message
> that this operation isn't supported.

Did you recompile your kernel from scratch?  You really should do so
when adding or removing kernel options.

On a slightly different note:
	(1) LFS won't work.  it has machine-independent problems,
	    and i don't know that it's ever even been tried on the
	    alpha.

	(2) UNION is known to have ... interesting effects.  I don't
	    suggest that people use it unless they have to.

	(3) I dunno if CCITT & friends have actually been run on
	    NetBSD/Alpha.  I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't
	    work.

> Also, has the x25 utilities been ported to NetBSD? I didn't have any
> problems compiling the CCITT options into the kernel, but failed to
> find any programmes which use this functions.

I don't really know.  I've certainly never used them, though i figure
that _somebody_ has (I seem to recall people talking about x25 on
another mailing list, once)...  you've already posted to a more general
mailing list (current-users?) right?

chris