Subject: ep and le drivers
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/14/1996 15:22:00
I just thought I'd take time to mention that the PCI LANCE driver (for
the PCnet-PCI ethernet cards) and the PCI, EISA, and ISA "ep" drivers
(3c590, 3c595, 3c579, 3c509) now build on the Alpha, though I have no
idea if they actually work :-)

They should since the "ep" cards just use repetitive PIO, and the PCnet
"le" cards use the same DMA hackery as the "de" driver does.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd mention it, since I've been working on those
drivers, and I figured I'd try to make them go on the Alpha while I was
there.

So, if any of you have PCI/ISA capable Alphas (*sniff* only have
TurboChannel right now), might give one of these cards a crack if you
happen to have them around.

Ciao.

----save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/----