Subject: oddities
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Mattingly <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/08/1996 16:29:12
For starters, it seems that the latest snapshot (don't know about the ones
before it) doesn't like certain drives.  For example, hooking up an
old but functional RZ23-E in an external enclosure, and then trying
to utilize that drive (extract a tar.gz file to it) would cause the
kernel to panic with a 'bad dir' error message.  If this needs to
be replicated so I can get the real error message, let me know. (But
it did newfs just fine.. *sigh*)

Also, I took my trusty old config file, which doesn't have GENERIC defined,
and does tell it where to look for the root device:

config netbsd root on sd2 swap on sd2

But it still asks me for the root device when it boots...
Ideas?  What'd I'd overlook?

Thanks
-Chris
--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu |