Subject: Re: Feedback on the NetBSD WWW server
To: Dan Foster <dfoster@eznet.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/16/1996 17:19:05
[ added port-alpha to the CC list... --thorpej ]

On Sat, 16 Mar 1996 16:50:55 -0800
 dfoster@eznet.net (Dan Foster) wrote:

 > Curious why the port for the Alpha platform doesn't
 > support the included SCSI controller for th eAlphaStation
 > 600? Did DEC make thenecessary information proprietary
 > or anything? Just wondering, because I'm looking at
 > acquiring an AlphaStation 600, heard great things about
 > NetBSD/FreeBSD, and interested in making a contribution
 > somehow.
 > -Dan

Well, when support for the AlphaStation 600 was added, my AlphaStation
600 was used.  The 600 comes stock with a QLogic SCSI controller of some
ilk, but mine also happened to have an NCR53c810 in it.  Neither Chris
nor I had docs on the QLogic card at the time (though I think Chris does
now, not sure...), so we took the easy way out :-)

If you get an NCR53c810, it will work.  The 600 *smokes* :-)