Subject: where are par0 and fd0 devices
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.ping.apana.org.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/12/1996 01:48:55
Hi all

I updated my system to the latest distribution 960224 which now makes
my work around for bind obsolete ;-)

There are still a few things I like to mention here:

	a.) I frequently experience silo buffer overflows generated
	    by the CSLIP link on /dev/ttyC0. They seem to be
            harmless but are anoying.

	b.) There are no devices for a line printer (parallel port)
            and floppy drive.

	c.) still no support for pci_vga graphic cards. I've got some
            pricing on the TGA cards from DEC - I do need to say no more.
            Is there any document which gives me an outline of what is
            needed to get a Xserver constructed for pci_vga cards?
	    I run this system for 24hrs a day on the internet and it
	    would definitely a nice to have 8-)

FYI: hotdog is now running a SMC8402 combo pci ethernet card which
     performs very nicely.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf