Subject: New NetBSD/Alpha snapshot (960224) available!
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
Date: 02/24/1996 19:42:15
I've put a new source+binary snapshot of NetBSD/Alpha up on
Notable changes from the last source snapshot include:
(1) Inclusion of NFSv3 client and server support code.
The system tries to mount NFS servers as v3, and will
fall back to v2 if v3 doesn't appear to be supported.
If that fails for some reason, or you want to force
a mount to be either v2 or v3, use the -2 or -3 option,
when mounting the file system. see mount_nfs(8) for
(2) New BIND code (4.9.3p1, or something like that), which
solves all the problems i've ever seen with NetBSD/Alpha's
BIND code. nslookup now works. 8-)
(3) distribution kernels now include support for the
PS/2-style mouse on AlphaStations and some AXPpci systems.
(4) the kernel no longer crashes if you access /dev/mouse and
there's no mouse present
(5) The X11 bell works (obviously, only on systems where X11
(1) and (2) were changes that were made by others, in the master
I know of no reason why this snapshot shouldn't work on any of the
'supported' systems. If you have trouble with it, (1) please send me
mail, and (2) please pester me until i respond to your mail. I'm
really busy, and i tend to let things slip... 8-)