Subject: elm-2.4.25 + perl5.000
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.apana.org.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/30/1996 21:20:22
Hi,

did anyone manage to get elm and perl to work?

I've got elm to compile and to execute. It comes up with the usual
screen but I can't type  any command. It's like as if the keyboard
got  disconnected. The only working key-sequence is ctrl-z, which
suspends elm the usual way. I really would like to get this to work.

Perl compiles until it gets to link Dynaload. The  problem here seems
to be that the call to dlsym and dlopen aren't defined. I looked through
the libraries and couldn't source it anywhere. These calls are defined
in /usr/src/lib/csu/common.c but are not included with the alpha  port.
It looks as if the dynamic link interface hasn't been  implemented as yet.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance
cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf		| Digital AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.1a
E-Mail	: wulf@hotdog.apana.org.au	| Diamond Stealth Trio 64