Subject: latest version of bind works on alpha
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.apana.org.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/21/1996 23:53:03
Hi all,
after chris's reply on my mail about the problems I had in getting
the named daemon and associated programs to run (e.g. core dumps etc.)
I looked around for the latest bind distribution and found
BIND-4.9.3-BETA32. I compiled it out of the box as an external package
and installed the binaries by substitution and deleting the zone files.
After restarting named it works like a charm ever since.... ;-)

I relize that I may have jumped the gun....sigh....
but thought I let you know. I rather have a working BETA release
then none... ;-)

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf