Subject: Re: Shared libraries
To: Michael Vanloon (Exchange) <mvanloon@wspu.MICROSOFT.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/11/1996 10:34:05
On Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:31:29 -0800
 "Michael Vanloon (Exchange)" <mvanloon@wspu.MICROSOFT.com> wrote:

 > You might try using one of them 7200 rpm 4GB drives...  You could probably
 > have a find fish fry on one of them.

If you're talking about any of the Seagate Barracuda family, not only
can you fry fish, but you can also melt the coating on wires inside the
unit, often leading to seriously nasty head crashes (like, _dents_ in the
platter to go with the gouges).  I can't even begin to count the number
of those things we've sent back ...

 > Of course, if you wanted to emulate the sound of a berserk popcorn popper,
 > you might want to stick with the DEC drives in the older Alphas...

Heh ... I have a frient who had this DEC drive in a Sun IPC ... It was
really amusing sitting in the office an hearing this _tiny_ little box
make all that noise ... the dailies were a nightmare if you were at the
office late :-)

"And now for something completely different..."