Subject: some getting started questions
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yoseff francus <francus@yossi.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/02/1996 17:32:16
I loaded NetBSD/Alpha via the newest rz25 image on an rz26l disk.
After it was loaded I changed the disklabel to reflect the additional
space.

1. When I try and do newfs of sd1g it complains Device not configured, what
do I need to do to make a filesystem ther?

2. I am on an Alphastation 400, will X windows run on this? I do startx
and it complains about not being able to connect to a socket and then
core dumps.

3. I piked up the latest sources (from arch/alpha/95...) and built
netbsd specifying the root as sd1. When it attempted to load netbsd it
complained that in alpha/autoconf.c it had a call to setconf and could
not find the function. This should have only been reached ifdef GENERIC
which is not defined and the function is found in swapgeneric.c which is
not compiled as part of this build. I commented out the lines in
autoconf.c, rebuilt, and that worked.Does anything need to be changed to
have this build without this moficiation?

thanks for the help

yoseff