Subject: Re: Booting AXPpci 33
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/01/1996 20:02:24
> I dunno how it would tell him that...  The "little box" that i'm
> thinking of is one of those LED-bearing boxes that sits in-line on an
> RS232 connection, showing signal levels...

Ahh. The one _I_ was referring to was the LED display circuit as
documented in the OEM guide. It gives you the sort of info that the
LEDs on the back of an AlphaStation box give. You know, diagnostic info.
Geez, I misunderstood again. 8-).

> It should (with a little bit of knowledge of how the signals should
> look 8-) tell him whether or not his serial cable setup "should" work...

Now, those are electrical signals... right?

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street