Subject: Re: Booting AXPpci 33
To: Trevor Mendez <BBN.COM!tmendez@werple.net.au>
From: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/31/1995 20:32:49
> Checked the Design Guide and other documentation on gatekeeper for details
> on how to do this.  Did exactly as instructed with the exception that
> I had to resort to making the floppy on an Intel PC running FreeBSD -- I

That should work. Not that I've done this however - my disks came
from DEC.

> The system read the floppy but still no output.  I tried it with the KB and
> monitor and no serial devices, as well as the reverse -- I even went so far
> as to remove the video board!  Same results.  And typing at the keyboard seems
> to have no effect.  I'll try again later with another floppy.

Hmmm. I think you should get some output to the serial console as the
board does its self tests - and probably as it hits the floppy. I can't
remember. 8-(. I'll try it in a little while and see what comes out when.
(I'm sup'ing NetBSD source at the moment - and someone updated gcc so its
taking a while. Sigh).

Do the voltages on the COM1 pins make sense?

> /tdm

Regards,

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street