Subject: whheeee
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris A. Mattingly <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/20/1995 16:46:41
Well, thought it'd be fun to compile my own kernel...
It makes the netbsd.gdb just fine, but when it goes to strip netbsd,
here's what happens:

mike-test3# strip -g -X -x netbsd
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
mike-test3# gdb /usr/bin/strip strip.core
gdb /usr/bin/strip strip.core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.14-95q4 (alpha-unknown-netbsd1.0A.),
Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
Core was generated by `strip'.
#0  0x120000c9c in filter_symbols () at objcopy.c:446
objcopy.c:446: No such file or directory.
(gdb)

Chris?  Any ideas? :-)

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu |