Subject: current state of my sources, etc...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/04/1995 09:48:43
Well, i've currently got a kernel that boots, runs, is happy, etc. on
PCI machines with either VGA or TGA consoles.  I dunno how well it
works on the TC machines, though.

I'm not quite ready to package up a new set of sources and binaries.
I'm waiting for a few things:

	(1) John Birrell has apparently made large amounts of progress
	    at getting GDB to work.  I'd like those changes to be in
	    the next full set of binaries i ship, as they require
	    changes that touch more than just GDB and the kernel.

and

	(2) I've gotta rewrite some of the PCI code, to adequately
	    support PCI-PCI bridges.  I received my PCI expansion box
	    yesterday, complete with two PPB's, and before i can
	    really use them i need a firmware upgrade, but i hope to
	    get that resolved today.

Also, either today or tomorrow, i'm going to be set up with an
account, etc., on an AlphaStation 600, and i'd like to get that kernel
going before i ship the next set of binaries (though i'm not going to
push _too_ hard for it 8-).

_HOWEVER_, if any of you folks are working on things, and would like
an updated snapshot of my sources, i'd be glad to kick them out to
you.  (most of the alpha-specific changes are in the NetBSD master
sources...  but a lot aren't, because they touch machine-independent
code...  *sigh*)

chris