Subject: NetBSD/Alpha X11R6 client binaries!
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/10/1995 01:50:24
I compiled some X11R6 (pl11) X11 includes, clients, and libraries for
NetBSD/Alpha.

Not all clients and libs are included (some wouldn't compile, and
weren't worth futzing with), and there is NO X server.

I've successfully run twm, xterm, etc., to remote displays, and
'resize' works.  ('oclock' even seems to work...  8-)

the tarball containing the clients, libs, include, etc. is in:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/X11R6-clients-950709.tar.gz

It's 24M large, and expands into 80M.  no manual pages are included.
It expects to be untarred from /, and will place things under /usr/X11R6.

chris