Subject: Re: EB64+ motherboards
To: Y Fujimori <fujimori@cfi.waseda.ac.jp>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/02/1995 10:49:16
> Is there anyone listening?

yup.

> I would like to know if there is any prospects that NetBSD will run on
> EB64+ type motherboards with OSF/1 firmware.

It currently won't.

Unless somebody else does the work, it's not likely to in the future,
either.  I don't have an EB64+, and it's unlikely that i'll be
obtaining one.

Making NetBSD/Alpha run on the EB64+ shouldn't be too hard, however.
Unless i'm mistaken, there are docs on the EB64+ on my Alpha doc page
(http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/doc-list.html).  If that's not
enough, i can probably get more info on them easily enough.  I
specifically designed the PCI interfaces in NetBSD/Alpha with an eye
towards flexibility.  Most things call through machine-specific
function pointers.

chris