Subject: need testers for 3000/300 kernel...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/04/1995 06:05:51
OK, (as i'd hoped) my estimate of "a couple of weeks, once somebody
started looking at it" to get NetBSD/Alpha running on the 3000/300
were a bit overestimated.

In fact, i did it (with a couple minor not-yet-done's) tonight.  8-)
(I suppose i should say that i got it running on the 300LX, or
whatever it is; the cheap, slow model...)

However, though i have a couple of 3000/300s, i don't have any with a
serial console, and i can't rearrange the ones that i have to use a
serial console.  Unfortunately, the probe routines for the serial chip
seem to spam the prom input from the keyboard, so a kernel that just
uses the prom for input and output won't work for me, yet.  8-(
It'll also need to have the console on a serial port to boot
correctly, even to single-user mode...

so: does anybody out there have a 3000/300 with a serial console that
they can try it for me?  i know there are several of you who've
expressed interest in getting NetBSD/Alpha running on the 300...

chris