Subject: Re: A7000 RAM SIMMs
To: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/08/2007 08:56:41
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Andrew Ball wrote:
>  BM> I have been trying on-and-off to make this work for a while now,
>    > and have pretty much failed...
>
> I suppose it's good to find that out ahead of time. Apart from one for
> myself (will they tolerate 240V at 60Hz?) I have thought about having
> one set up at my parents' house, so that I can periodically send them
> CDs with pictures of the 2-year-old granddaughter they have yet to
> meet.  It might be simpler to send them a digital picture frame, but a
> computer has more scope for additional uses. Ideally I'd put NetBSD on
> it because I can manage that remotely, but if RiscOS is all it will
> run, then I'll have to find (or perhaps write) software for that.

!SwiftJPEG.

> How far did you get?  What obstacles did you encounter?

I certainly had NetBSD running on an A7000 successfully some time ago. Did
something get broken? I probably first used an A7000 for NetBSD around
2002; it was a router/firewall with 2 network cards in - an EtherB in the
NIC slot and an EtherIII as a podule.

Of course, a RiscPC would be better.

--
Stephen