Subject: Re: Bad video output on RiscPC
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/28/2006 09:53:20
Ben Harris wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Mike Pumford wrote:
>
> One thing I wonder about your configuration: are RISC OS and NetBSD using
> the same refresh rate?  I can imagine NetBSD picking a higher one that
> your VRAM can't keep up with.  Are you using an explicit MONITOR or the
> built-in video-mode database?

I have tried both. Currently NetBSD appears to be picking the same
refresh rate as RISC OS 60Hz. I will confirm that by adding in code to
print out the current mode parameters at boot.

60Hz is well within both the VRAM capabilities, assuming we are really
operating at 8bpp, and the capabilities of my monitor. Everything
flashing about unhappily is a very good description of the problem at
1024x768 although I don't get stretched characters.

Mike