Subject: Re: Bad video output on RiscPC
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/25/2006 23:49:30
Ben Harris wrote:

> Ah, well done.  I thought the VIDC20 data sheet explicitly said that the
> minimum border width was zero, but I may be confused, and it's possible
> that the code actually asks for a negative border width or something
> similarly stupid.

Maybe a red herring. All the VESA specs I can find suggest that 0
borders(VESA calls them margins as you guessed) are okay as well. Based
on the fact that the monitor is locking on to the mode and reporting the
horizontal and vertical refresh rates I would expect for the mode I
think these vidc registers correct. It looks more like the transfer
between VRAM and VIDC is not being synced properly.

Mike