Subject: Re: Bad video output on RiscPC
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/25/2006 15:53:36
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Mike Pumford wrote:

> Mike Pumford wrote:
>
>> Ben Harris wrote:
>
>> Getting closer. Output is still wrong but definately jumps around a lot
>> less with this change so this is one issue resolved. I'll have some time to
>> dig at this tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.
>>
> I think I've figured it out. The old code allowed for non-zero border sizes
> but your current implementation always sets the borders to 0. This is fine
> for 640x480 but some border is needed for 1024x768 to work. I'm working on an
> appropriate fix.

Ah, well done.  I thought the VIDC20 data sheet explicitly said that the
minimum border width was zero, but I may be confused, and it's possible
that the code actually asks for a negative border width or something
similarly stupid.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>