Subject: Re: Fixes for acorn32 build after GCC4 upgrade
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 07/06/2006 00:34:15
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Mike Pumford wrote:

> > I'll take a look at the timecounter API and see what I can come up with.
> > I think we may still need the delay loop for before the timecounters are
> > initialised.
> >
> Looks like setting up the second IOMD timer as a 2MHz 16bit timecounter is
> fairly straightforward. I'll give it a shot at the weekend.

That will only work so long as timer 1 isn't being used to provide a
properly randomised statclock, which it really should be made to do.  It
would be better to build something based on timer 0, using the
interrupt-pending bit and the hardclock handler to emulate the high-order
bits of the timecounter.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>