Subject: Re: inetd losing sockets
To: None <port-acorn32@NetBSD.org>
From: Neil Walker <netbsd@wynded.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/31/2005 23:05:20
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Stephen Borrill wrote:

> If you look in /var/log/messages, you'll probably see it complaining that the
> service is looping and so will be terminated. This is down to the number of
> requests per minute. Up this by putting a number after the wait/nowait, e.g.:
That was precisely the problem.

Seems a bit odd, though. Here am I, a theoretical program running a denial
of service attack on your server. If I launch enough requests, inetd is
going to close the socket, thereby making the service permanently
unavailable. Doesn't that mean that I win?

Anyway, my script is no longer killing the service. Many thanks.

Neil