Subject: Re: inetd losing sockets
To: Neil Walker <netbsd@wynded.co.uk>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/30/2005 15:51:53
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Neil Walker wrote:
> I've got a StrongARM RiscPC running NetBSD 2.0, which hosts my subversion
> server. Mostly it's fine. However, if I perform a rapid series of
> operations from a remote client, the inetd socket seems to get closed. My
> script gets part-way through its sequence when I start getting errors:
>  svn: Can't connect to host 'ServerName': Connection refused
> netstat -an on the NetBSD box then shows that nothing is listening on the
> subversion port (3690) any more. If I do
>  $ /etc/rc.d/inetd restart
> things start working again
>
> The inetd config line for svn is taken straight from the svn book:
>  192.168.3.1:svn stream tcp nowait svn
>             /usr/pkg/bin/svnserve   svnserve -i -r /usr/svn
> (Obviously, that's on a single line in /etc/inetd.conf)
>
> Any ideas?

If you look in /var/log/messages, you'll probably see it complaining that
the service is looping and so will be terminated. This is down to the
number of requests per minute. Up this by putting a number after the
wait/nowait, e.g.:

cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait:1000     root    /usr/bin/cvs cvs

Also see man 5 inetd.conf

--
Stephen