Subject: Re: Boot netbsd 2.0 on RiscPC
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Peter Teichmann <lists@peter-teichmann.de>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 05/18/2005 00:55:20
Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2005 23:17 schrieb Gavan Fantom:
> Peter Teichmann wrote:
> > Another question: I thought boot32 is looking for free pages and using
> > them for the NetBSD kernel. So, why does the wimpslot make a difference?
> > And, couldn't boot32 extend the wimpslot by itself to the needed value?
> > That should not be too difficult.
>
> boot32 does extend the wimpslot, at least in NetBSD 2.0 and later.
>
> Perhaps you could try a newer bootloader?

I am using boot32 revision 3.40, and the netbsd-RPC_WSCONS kernel (which I
unzipped and later learned that this was not necessary) from NetBSD-2.0. Is
there a newer boot32?

And still, I do NOT understand why it needs a 25472K wimpslot with boot32
(read the last mail for more info). I do not understand the amount, and I do
not understand that I have to set it by myself, if it is able to extend the
wimpslot by itself.

Peter Teichmann