Subject: NetBSD 2.0_BETA + binary packages CD
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 05/17/2004 23:16:54
 	Installed NetBSD 2.0_BETA on a RiscPC last weekend and found it more
 	stable and faster than 1.6, but somewhat lacking in available binary
 	packages.

 	Given I currently have access to a significantly faster arm box, it
 	would seem a good time to put together and make available a CD of
 	NetBSD/acorn32 NetBSD 2.0_BETA complete with a set of binary
 	packages. Among the packages I'm looking at including are:

 	Note: The contents are very much dependent on what will build and
 	what will fit on the CD, but if anyone has any suggestions/requests,
 	just let me know.

 	A cuurent list ofr packages is at:
 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README.html

Web:		firefox, mozilla, dillo, elinks, lynx, bidwatcher, bluefish
WindowManagers: blackbox, xfce4
Graphics:	gimp, feh, xv, ImageMagick
Email:		thunderbird, pine
Editors:	nedit
Shells:		bash, tcsh
WebServer	analog, thttpd, apache, squid
Tools:		cdrecord, screen, perl, shmux, gnupg, zip, unrar, xpdf
Network:	samba, ttcp, netatalk, nmap, rsync, ethereal, wget
RemoteDesktop:	rdesktop, tightvncviewer, x2x, x2vnc

--
 			   David Brownlee -- abs@absd.org