Subject: Reinstalling problems
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Wes (Moo-Juice) <wak.one@talk21.com>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/31/2003 14:36:01
Hi all.

I've been re-installing netBSD (cause i forgot the bleedin password
after months of not using it). Having booted into the install kernel,
popped the 1.6.1 acorn32 cd in and selected a: install, it goes through
the procedures and installs. However, when it's unpacking its files, it
keeps comming up with a "Segmentation fault - core dumped" error, just
as it opens a new .tgz package. It has happened now to different
packages, so its not like theres anything specific missing off the cd.

I'm using the latest boot32 loader and the install kernel.

Previously when I has the segmentation fault error, it used to be at the
end of the installation when you selected the root password (cause it
claimed it had run out of disk space (bit it had 2Gb to play with so it
cant have!)

Only once I have managed to install it properly, but it still gave me
the segmentation error at the end, and when I rebooted the machine using
the regular kernel, it landed me in debug mode? with a db> prompt.
Typing continue made it count up 0,1,2,3 etc then it rebooted. Rebooting
back into netbsd again and the problem is still there.

Machine is an A7000+ with 40Mb ram, 105mb allocated to / (a:), 165
allocated to swap file (b:) and (e:) is /usr with the remains of the 2gb
partition.

Help!

Wes.