Subject: Re: Ethernet podules
To: Rob Mitchelmore <rob@loomroom.co.uk>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 09/27/2003 15:24:50
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, Rob Mitchelmore wrote:
> Does anyone have a list of which network podules suitable for a Kinetic
> RISC PC are supported under NetBSD?  Is the i-cubed EtherLan 512 EtherH
> based, and thus on the list?  We already have a NIC in the NIC slot and
> are in sore need of a second one but are finding it difficult to find
> details of which cards are based on what.

I think any of the standard Acorn/ANT/i^3 branded ones are supported
(except Ether2), i.e.:

All i-cubed EtherLAN cards (both podule and NIC) (EtherH)
Acorn EtherB (NIC)
Acorn Ether1 (Podule)
Acorn/Atomwide Ether3 a.k.a.III/IV/V (Podule)
Irlam/Netproducts/Acorn EtherI/EtherN (Podule)
Atomwide EtherM (NIC)

I don't think any of the newer or less well-known are supported, e.g.
Castle SCSI/Ethernet
Simtec 10/100 EtherX

If anyone is interested, I've a number of new and second-hand network
cards for sale.

--
Stephen