Subject: Test of boot32
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Smiers <l.smiers@chello.nl>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 01/06/2003 20:32:56
Hello Reinoud

I was pleasant surprised with the new bootloader for acorn32. Eventhough
I am not longer actively using netbsd on my RPC I couldn't resist trying it.
I am sorry to tell you that it failed.

What I did was the following:
1 make a directory in wich I placed the boot32 module and the netbsd-Generic
  kernel of 8 sep 2002
2 set the working directory
3 Increased wimpslot to something big > 16 Mbyte
4 Double clicked on the module

The initial fase looked ok, the last text from RISC OS was:
  bye bye from RISC OS
and then it started the kernel. However the kernel paniced with:
panic: initarm: Failed to align the kernel page directory

I used RISC OS 4.33 (Select 2i3) to boot from.

I hope this wil give you some help in developing the boot loader.

Leo

--
Leo Smiers
!Flash 0.410.1.1