Subject: Blitz, Atomwide and STD
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Donnelly <eddonnelly@freeuk.com>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 11/07/2002 21:09:22
Hi

I'm thinking of trying to install NetBSD on my SA RPC (emphasis on
trying). I've had a quick look at the installation document and I get
the feeling that the bulk of my computer wouldn't work with it, so
rather than spend many hours downloading the kernel et al over my 56k
modem, I thought I'd ask here first.

My hard disc and two CD drives (one a writer) are connected to an APDL
Blitz card, and unless it's under a pseudonym I don't see the Blitz on
the list of supported IDE controllers. My mouse is a PS/2 optical wheel
mouse connected via STD's MiniMouse interface, and the list only
mentions A7000 PS/2. Finally, my modem is connected to an Atomwide
triple port serial card - it'd be no hardship to move it to the internal
port, but are there any plans to support cards like this in the future
(I see it's in the list of unsupported equipment)?

Thanks for your time,
Ed