Subject: Re: NetBSD/arm32 Installation Not Booting
To: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 02/01/2002 18:52:58
> :-/ well euhm ... the installation program should exit normally now so all
> the config stuff should be there as well; i'm planning to check this
> monday. The ttyv0 issue is still there but i first need to see if Ben's
> Xserver can be used with this distribution. If that X server works fine we
> can even cut out the old vidc console completely by making the GENERIC
> console a WSCONS console and retaining the old vidcconsole for the multiple
> screens for ppl. who need them...

The wscons code will need some work before it is sane on StrongARM RiscPCs.
It needs to do cache flushes at some points or there is noticable (about half
a second lag) on the screen updates. Its also really bad at boot time as it
takes even longer before stuff appears on the screen. I am quite willing to
compile test patches for this but I don't understand wscons enough to generate
the required fixes myself.

Mike