Re: import wip/leveldb to pkgsrc/databases

17 Nov 2013, 10:59, Mike M. Volokhov <mike.volokhov%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> 16 Nov 2013, 21:37, matthew sporleder <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> I think we should bump the version of leveldb (I compile-tested on my own
>> system) and import it to pkgsrc.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for looking at it!
>
> I just updated leveldb to 1.14.0 and tested on NetBSD/amd64 6.x.
>
> I usually also test packages on Mac OS X, but, unfortunately, after
> updating my instance to Mavericks pkgsrc stopped working, seem due
> to missed compiler (refers to gcc 3.x now), removed cvs (so no easy
> way to update sources from upstream anymore), and now broken bootstrap
> (redefinition of 'isblank').  Hence I skipped this check, sorry.
>
> Otherwise if noone object I can import it later today.

Okay, I finally tested it within the following zoo:

        NetBSD/amd64 6.1_RC4
        Darwin/i386 13.0.0 (Mavericks)
        FreeBSD/amd64 7.3-RELEASE-p2

However, I still unsure that libfoo.dylib.X.Y naming convention is
good enough for Mac OS (it usually should be libfoo.X.Y.dylib) -
that's how leveldb installs it.  What better to do with it?  Patch
leveldb to follow conventional order and send it back to leveldb,
or leave it as is?

Otherwise it's ready for import.

--
Mishka.