Dependency problem with lldpd

Hi all. I am trying to make a package of lldpd and I'm having a hard
time doing so :)

My first problem is that the make configure phase doesn't see
libevent. I am using
.include "../../devel/libevent/buildlink3.mk"

but libevent doesn't get built during make configure if it's absent in
the system. lldpd gets built with the embedded libevent version
shipped with lldpd. Any suggestions?

Also could anyone give a hint what does PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE mean? It
was suggested by url2pkg.

Regards,
--
Bartek Krawczyk