Fw: Re: RFC: patch to let import-package.sh handle pkgs that have existed before

Thanks for your answer Greg

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> After not getting around to it, I read your diff, but not well enough to
> be sure the changes are ok.  Presumably you have been testing them.

I have. :)

> I am ambivalent about the allowing CVS directories to be present and the
> rules you chose; I don't really understand the motivation.  So you might
> add a comment explaining the use cases.   I see three cases:
>
>   in wip, mkdir newpkg, populate it, ../import-package.sh.
>
>   in pkgsrc proper, mkdir newpkg, populate, import
>
>   when moving something from wip to pkgsrc proper, mv the dir, and cd to
>   the new place, and ../../wip/import-package.sh
>
> So in the first two cases, there should be no CVS files.  In the last
> case, there are, but they are from the wrong place and wrong repo.  What
> are you trying to enable?

If a pkg has ever existed in wip and has been removed, and you
create that pkg again, import-package.sh will not be able to create
the directories. I also let it tolerate existing directories,
because they will exist if you cvs update your tree before importing.

> The rest of the changes seem conceptually fine.

thanks
dieter