Re: NO_[SRC|BIN]_ON_CDROM

"Larson, Timothy E." <TELarson%west.com@localhost> writes:

>> First, you'll need to add a license file and point to it, unless you find
>> the same text already.
>
> Authors have agreed on CC BY-NC-ND 2.5.  The package is
> wip/marathon-tempus-irae.  I assume the text of this license can be
> added to the licenses dir—shall I open a PR or would someone reading
> this be so kind?

There is a precedent for putting the license text someplace in the wip
package and referencing it, but I don't remember the details.

> Back to the subject, I'm not concerned about free redistribution, as
> that is the accepted norm within the community.  The distinction
> between BIN and SRC is irrelevant since this is a data package.  I'm
> just curious if (generally speaking) the authors' intent of "freely
> distributable" allows the distributor to recoup the distribution cost,
> and how the NO_*_ON_* flags play into that, if at all.

This is basically why one needs to read licenses instead of reasoning
about intent; it's just not doable.   "Freely redistributable" to me
means that one can give copies, at a charge or no charge.

> Other than the possibility of adding these flags, I think the package
> is ready for review.

with -NC-, we should set the NO_*_ON_CDROM.

With -ND-, you have to figure out if the binary package is a derived
work.