Re: Request to import wip/mc to pkgsrc

 >> Can anybody review and import wip/mc to pkgsrc?  This is a latest stable
 >> release in 4.7.0 series.  I've been using it successfully for a couple
 >> of months under NetBSD/x86-64 and Linux/i386.  Since previous 4.6.1 release
 >> available in pkgsrc huge amount of changes were made by new develpment
 >> team. So, it probably makes sense to import it as sysutils/mc470
 >> in order to avoid potential regressions.

> Have to use it on Linux, I consider mc 4.7 one huge regression...

Until you prove your statements you may consider whatever you want.
The real fact is huge amount of useful features and fixes were
implemented in mc-4.7. As for me the biggest one is much better support
for UTF-8. For example, now mcedit works just fine with Japanese and
Chinese languages. For details see http://midnight-commander.org

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.