Re: Removal of wip/nginx

On 6/2/10 1:58 PM, Piotr Meyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 01:09:12PM -0700, Mike Bowie wrote:
>
>> wip/nginx is @ version 0.7.65 while www/nginx is @ version 0.8.34
>> and includes more comprehensive options.
>>
>> Unless there's a compelling reason to retain the wip version,
>> perhaps someone with suitable perms would be kind enough to axe it.
>>
> At this moment branch 0.7.x is stable branch and 0.8.x - development.
> I need stable version - it can be renamed to nginx7 or nginx-stable to
> avoid confusion, but shouldn't be deleted.
>
> As options: www/nginx has roots in wip/nginx and options are, basically,
> same - with difference in ipv6 and uwsgi: looks like booth can be easily
> added to wip/nginx.

That sounds like a pretty compelling reason to me. ;-)  My internal
"stable-calculator" automagically assumed the even minor would be stable.

I think renaming it would save any disambiguation in future... perhaps
the DESCR or COMMENT for one or the other would benefit from referencing
itself as either stable or development.

Cheers,

Mike.