Re: CPU vs architecture

Hi,

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 01:59:19 +0900, Stefan Schaeckeler
<schaecsn%gmx.net@localhost> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a package that can use for certain CPUs different asm code.
>
> How do I check in the Makefile for pentium and above vs everything lower?

Why need such a check?
  * Need to specify CPU architecture to build?
  * Package auto detect CUP, result in different PLIST?

Anyway, it is nice to be selectable (with PKG_OPTIONS?).
Maybe, someone want to build a fast machine, use the binary package with old
machines.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%users.sourceforge.net@localhost