Re: CVS commit: wip/mk-configure

 >>   ADDED: mkcmake utility (trivial wrapper over bmake) which should be
 >>   used for building a software instead of bmake.

> Does this mean that you
Right now mkcmake is just

  #/bin/sh
  bmake -m /where/mk-files/were/installed/to "$@"

I did this in order to avoid potential conflicts with system sys.mk.
As of this release mk-c's *.mk files are installed to
${PREFIX}/share/mkc-mk by default, i.e. not to ${PREFIX}/share/mk.

> could ship mk-configure bundled with some source package and use it to
> custom build
Potentially mk-c may be integrated with NetBSD's libnbcompat or at
least may provide some trivial function implementations often absent on
some system, e.g.  strl{cpy,cat}, getline and others.

Example:

  MKC_NEED_FUNCS+= strlcpy getline

  PROG=   hello

  .include <mkc.prog.mk>

In this case mk-c variants of strlcpy.c and getline.c will be used if
needed (compare with MKC_SOURCE_FUNCLIBS). This is a way to port NetBSD
userspace to other platforms.  Who know? ;-)

> and install with maybe using gnumake?
GNU make is power enough for this but I personally dislike its
foreach/eval/{call,value} constructs (compare it with bmake's
.for/.endfor for nested loops). Another bmake's advantage over gnumake
is .include vs include directive. gnumake's include looks for includes
starting at CWD, not from directory of makefile.

Nevertheless, it whould be nice to see a parallel mk-c written in/for
GNU make :-) But this is actually a parallel version of mk-c that
requires lots of work. Shell utilities is only a small part of code.
Though, conceptually it is feasible.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.