Re: Separate subdir or category for "current" packages?

=>>   Hello!
=>
=>> I think that we have enough packages that track VCS repositories.
=>> These packages differ from the rest in two points:
=>> a) they're not going to enter pkgsrc ever;
=>> b) they're updated rather regulary and are almost always in "ready"
=>> state.
=>
=>> I propose to mark them in some way or even move them from "wip" into
=>> separate subdirectory.  Opinions?
=> In my view it is enough to name those package as xxx-current (or
=> xxx-devel, doesn't matter) and ONE and only one naming convention should
=> be used by all commiters).

   Just to toss in a data point, I have two wip packages: kmymoney2-devel
and kmymoney2-cvs. The -devel is a development release, 0.9.3, which
isn't considered stable yet, but is tagged, tar-ed, and numbered. The
-cvs package is what you would expect; I can see renaming it to
-current.

                                    Gary Duzan

p.s. Has anyone done anything towards a thunderbird current? I started
playing with it a bit, getting the mercurial and CVS stuff pulled in, but
didn't get too far in the build before being distracted by other things.