Re: What packages to fix and import first?

On Apr 11, 2009, at 11:47 AM, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> WIP contains huge amount of software, more than 2000 packages.
> What packages can be imported and in which order?
> What packages need to be fixed before others?

My suggestion would be to start pull the packages from wip which are
already in pkgsrc, but with old or outdated versions. That probably
done fast and it also probably benefits the masses, since those
packages where imported because they where needed. Of course, that's
not as fun as adding new "functionality" to pkgsrc, but it makes
pkgsrc more up-to-date.

(I've added some already existing packages (updated versions) to wip
because the packages I wanted to create from the beginning was
depending on a newer versions of software which wasn't available in
pkgsrc-current.)

Regards,
/P