Re: wip/dcc: pkglint output

Petar Bogdanovic <petar%smokva.net@localhost> writes:

>       > # pwd
>       > /usr/pkgsrc/wip/dcc
>       > BUILD
>       > # pkglint -Wall
>       > WARN: Makefile:23: License file ${FILESDIR}/dcc-free-license does not
> exist.
>       > WARN: Makefile:24: LICENSE_FILE is defined but not used. Spelling
> mistake?
>
> I guess the second warning is based on the first one. But the that first
> warning is incorrect. The mentioned file exists.

It's not clear that pkglint supports the in-wip LICENSE_FILE scheme.
Don't worry; this goes away with a real import.

>       > WARN: Makefile:27: Please include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk" before
> using "?=".
>       > WARN: Makefile:28: Please include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk" before
> using "?=".
>       > WARN: Makefile:29: Please include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk" before
> using "?=".
>       > WARN: Makefile:30: Please include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk" before
> using "?=".
>
> What is bsd.prefs.mk? All the stuff set in mk.conf?

No.  But most packages include it - it sets up a lot of defaults.  So if
you are setting a variable that might be modified/set by bsd.prefs.mk,
then bsd.prefs.mk should be included is the basic point.

>       > WARN: Makefile:29: The user-defined variable VARBASE is used but not
> added to BUILD_DEFS.
>       > WARN: Makefile:30: The user-defined variable VARBASE is used but not
> added to BUILD_DEFS.
>
> What is BUILD_DEFS and do I really need it? Also: Why is VARBASE
> `user-defined'?

Maybe due to missing bsd.prefs.mk.  BUILD_DEFS is a list of variables
that can affect the build; they are recorded in the pkg control files.

>       > WARN: Makefile:150: The shell command "${SED}" should not be used in
> the install phase.
>
> I use `${SED}' in INSTALL. Why shouldn't I use it?

Because that's build, not install.  install should just install.

>       > WARN: options.mk:4: Unknown option "dccm".
>
> options.mk:4:PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS=   dccm
>
> What's wrong with that?

It's not in mk/defaults/options.description.  That's ok for wip, but
perhaps add a comment in the makefile with what should get added there
on import.

>       > WARN: options.mk:9: Permission [s] requested for PLIST_VARS, but only
> [au] is allowed.
>
> options.mk:9:PLIST_VARS=              dccm
>
> I'm confused.

I think it is saying you should be doing +=.