Re: GNU_CONFIGURE troubles...

Hi,

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 15:08:58 +0900, Fredrik Pettai <pettai%nordu.net@localhost>
wrote:

> I have troubles getting the (ENV_)PATH "right" then configuring a new
> package.
> During the (GNU_) configure phase, it chooses "work/.tools/bin" PATH
> over /usr/bin or /usr/pkg/bin.
> Example:
>
> checking for dirname... /usr/pkgsrc/wip/<package>/work/.tools/bin/
> dirname
> checking for perl... /usr/pkgsrc/wip/<package>/work/.tools/bin/perl
> checking for id... /usr/pkgsrc/wip/<package>/work/.tools/bin/id
>
> This then ends up in some of the scripts/configuration files...which
> is kind of unnecessary.
>
> What is the best practice to solve this?

For example, if it is 'perl' using your package,

First, set USE_TOOLS+=perl:run to runtime dependency on perl.

If perl is used just on runtime, you can pass perl path to configure script
as ${PERL}(it point to real path), by using CONFIGURE_ENV and/or CONFIGURE_ARGS.
Or you can use REPLACE_PERL to list perl scripts.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%users.sourceforge.net@localhost