Re: pkgsrc-wip NetBSD 4.99.69/x86_64 2008-07-22 23:21

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:08:03 +0100 (BST)
Iain Hibbert <plunky%users.sourceforge.net@localhost> wrote:

> Hm, it seems that netbt-hcidump fails to complete in the bulk build:
>
> | install ===> src
> | #   install  /work/pbulk-wip/pkg/bin/hcidump
> | install  -c  -r -o root -g wheel -m 555   hcidump
> /work/pbulk-wip/pkg/bin/hcidump
> | install: /work/pbulk-wip/pkg/bin/inst.29279a: chown/chgrp: Operation not
> permitted
> | *** Error code 1
>
> Is this something I need to fix or is it a pbulk oddity?  There are no
> specific instructions for installation in the makefiles, it just refers to
> <bsd.prog.mk>
>
> iain

Hi,

Yes, you need to set USE_BSD_MAKEFILE=yes in the pkgsrc Makefile if
the package uses bsd.prog.mk or similar. This ensures the proper
variables are set for unpriviliged installations, which is what the
wip bulk build uses.

Cheers,
-Tobias