Re: wip/kdebase-workspace4: Wanting LDFLAGS+=-lrt (as wip/strigi above, too)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:57:15 +0100
Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani%vecirex.net@localhost> wrote:

> Hello
>
> wip/kdebase-workspace4 also needs LDFLAGS+=-lrt for it to compile on some
> NetBSD systems.
>
> There the solution implemented e.g. by audio/portaudio is also present
> in the Makefile, but this one doesn't work as it doesn't for wip/strigi,
> at least what concerns my NetBSD/amd64 v4.99.52 system.
>
> Please see the thread about the wip/strigi package for a possible
> solution.
>
> There are some packages doing a lot of different workarounds for this same
> problem.
>
> Couldn't this be put somewhere globally (probably pthread.builtin.mk)?
> The solution present there (-current) doesn't work for this case and
> also not for the case of wip/strigi.
>
> --
> hernani

Yes, it needs to be universally fixed.
LDFLAGS=-lrt is fine for leaf packages but not libraries, since there
needs to be libtool(.la) and pkgconfig(.pc) awareness.
We need to move this discussion to tech-pkg@