Re: failing to update OpenSSL package

Jukka Salmi wrote:

> BTW, why are you using an OpenSSL 0.9.7 package on a NetBSD -current
> system which ships with OpenSSL 0.9.8?
>

> Cheers, Jukka

Every time I update the kernel and userland, I use pkg_delete and remove
all my packages, then rebuild them from pkgsrc with the pkgsrc tar file
that comes with current.  The pkgsrc tar file that came with current
20071006, a 4.99.31 version, came with openssl-0.9.7inb4.  So when my
packages installed, the pkgsrc system said openssl was missing, and
installed openssl-0.9.7inb4 from pkgsrc.

Maybe my sequence for updating is all wrong.  Maybe my update sequence
should be:
- create distribution disk
- test new kernel on "any machine"
- restore old kernel on "any machine"
- delete all packages on "any machine"
- update "any machine" using distribution disk
- rebuild packages

Will the above sequence keep the version of openssl that ships with
current, and will pkg_info then report that version that ships with current?