Re: libnbcompat

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 07:41:19PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >> What is the BEST way to use it?

> Just include the inplace.mk. It should be enough, otherwise explicitly
> link with -lnbcompat.

Because I asked this question I read 'cvs log'...
Replacing buildlink3.mk with inplace.mk doesn't work.
My packages needed some extra work.

 >> A few weeks ago there buildlink3.mk was present but now it is replaced
 >> with unusual inplace.mk. For what reason buildlink3.mk was removed?

> Because this package is special in that you only want to have certain
> pieces and link those in statically.
Static linking itself doesn't conflict with bulklink3.mk framework.
So, how about revert latest changes and recreate buildlink3.mk?
In this case those who really need inplace will use it, others will be happy
with well known buillink3.mk. Also note that tens of packages already
use buildlink3.mk file (mostly for IRIX OS).

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.