Installing packages wtih INSTALL_*

hi:

I'm porting geant4 to pkgsrc and it builds just fine.
The problem is that there is no "make install" defined
in the package's Makefile so I'm installing all the
files using the INSTALL_* variables, but since there
are LOTS of directories and files it seems very
inefficient to add a line of INSTALL_*_DIR for each
directory (there are many directories) and obtain
around a hundred lines of INSTALL_*_DIR in the
Makefile; I was doing the install with a ${CP} -R but
pkglint says I'm not supossed to use that to install
things. So, what should I do? Do I have to add lots of
INSTALL_*_DIR in the Makefile? Is there a recursive
way of using the install(1) command?

Hugo

Correo Yahoo!